CVS Pharmacy: 5 Tips to Save
CVS Pharmacy is a wonderful place to stock up on freebies like toothpaste, shampoo, and more. But, you have to know how to the store works to maximize your savings!
- The CVS coupon policy is not currently available online, but CVS will accept CVS store coupons (including Cash Register Tickets (CRT), printable, and in-ad), manufacturer coupons (including printable), local competitor prescription coupons, and Extra Care Bucks (ECB). There is a limit of one manufacturer and one CVS store coupon per single item, unless otherwise prohibited.
- CVS offers Extra Care Bucks, printable CVS store coupons, coupons by mail, coupons by e-mail, and Cash Register Receipt Tickets. Make sure to register your CVS ExtraCare Rewards card online to get coupons and exclusive sales by e-mail and pick up the Reinventing Beauty Magazine in-store for only $0.99 to get even more coupons!
- Pick up a CVS Bag Tag in-store and bring in your own bags. For every 4 times you CVS Bag Tag is scanned, you’ll earn $1 in Extra Care Bucks.
- CVS Extra Care Bucks work like cash that can only be used at CVS, except you will not get cash back if your purchase is under the value of the Extra Care Bucks. You may “roll” your Extra Care Bucks, by using them to purchase items that qualify for more Extra Care Bucks, lowering your out-of-pocket cost.
- To get the most possible savings, use your $/$$ (money-off-money) coupon first, followed by your store coupons, manufacturer coupons, and finally, your Extra Care Bucks. By using your $/$$ coupon when your total is the highest, you can lower the minimum total required to use the coupon with your additional coupons and Extra Care Bucks.
On a side note, when I first started couponing, CVS stressed me out! I thought I always had to get more and more Extra Care Bucks. Then suddenly I had over $60 in ECB and couldn’t roll them over each week without losing some. This is when I realized that a good deal is a good deal, even if I lose a few Extra Care Bucks in the process.
For example, if you stack a $5 Extra Care Bucks with a $5 formula coupon to get a great deal on formula that you had to buy, then you made a wonderful purchase! The goal is to keep the cost of your every day items down and not to become an Extra Care Bucks millionaire. Some weeks you may lose Extra Care Bucks. Some weeks you’ll gain Extra Care Bucks. It’s even okay to blow them all and take a break.
Check out the most recent CVS Deals.
See our Disclosure Policy for details.